Greek dance classes in Brussels
Welcome to our new members! We’d be happy to have you on our classes, whether you have or not any previous Greek dance experience. First class is FREE.
Our classes take place on Sunday afternoons 5 to 7pm at the Parish Hall Quo Vadis in Schaerbeek, near Diamant!
Contrary to our published schedule, there WILL be class on 4th June.
See you on Sunday! 🙂
Parish Hall Quo Vadis
82 Aimé Smekens, 1030 Schaerbeek (near Diamant)
Entrance is via the backstreet next to the Divin Sauveur church, opposite to the Chapel.
Transportation: Metro Diamant, Bus 80, 12, 21, 28, 29, 79.
To bring: your good mood and smile 🙂 – and something to drink.
First class is free.
Make your choice between these four options:
- Season ticket: 150€ (valid from September 2016 to June 2017). <– Season ticket holders also get reduction from the price of our weekend seminars, so this is the most advantageous formula.
- Ticket of 20 classes: 120€ (valid for 20 classes between September 2016 and June 2017).
- Ticket of 10 classes: 70€ (NEW starting January, valid for 10 classes till June 2017)
- Entry per class: 9€.
The season ticket or ticket of 20 can be paid by cash on the spot or by bank transfer before your second class to the account of Erika Kalmar / Terpsichori – IBAN: BE50 3770 1518 8318. Please add “season ticket / ticket of 20 + your name in the comment!
If you pay by class, it’s in cash on the spot. Please bring with you the exact amount since we do not always have a change.
Terpsichori Greek Dance Circle
Erika – 0473 66 44 61
Ippokratis – 0477 25 45 36
More than just steps… In the footsteps of Greek traditional dancing (the fun way)
Immerse in the world of Greece’s dance traditions, as you have never seen it before!
Would you like to taste this vast patrimony (more than 1,100 dances!) which is so rich and living, varying from region to region? These dances captivate all those who have seen or danced them at least once.
Good news: Every Sunday the real, authentic and magic Greece will come to you to Brussels!
–› Click here to view the list of dances learned during the last season.‹–
We have a mixed group from 0-40 years dance experience so if you are anywhere in between, you will likely to fit in. 🙂
You’re not sure if our class is for you? Try it out – first class is free!
What we do differently from other dance groups:
- We do traditional dances
- We dance them the authentic way – as they are danced in the villages
- We show a huge repertoire of dances – not just the basic dances again and again
- We believe that dance is more than just steps
- Therefore our classes give some basic information on the dances learned so that you understand the whole context (where it is danced, what are the characteristics, who it is danced by)
- We don’t do performances – no stress of learning complicated choreographies or spending your weekends on stages – our classes are pure fun!
About our dance teacher:
- She has over 18 years of Greek dance experience
- She’s a researcher of traditional Greek dances and author
- She attends numerous dance seminars with renowned teachers to further develop her skills
- She is the creator of The European Greek Dance Portal – www.terpsichori.org
Will you give it a try? We’re looking forward to meeting you on our next dance class! First class is free.
Passion. Sunshine. Fun.