Greek dance classes in Brussels
Welcome to our new members! We’d be happy to have you on our classes, whether you have or not any previous Greek dance experience. First class is FREE for first-time visitors.
Our classes take place on Sunday afternoons 5 to 7pm at the Parish Hall Quo Vadis in Schaerbeek, near Diamant!
Attention: there is NO CLASS this Sunday, the 8th October, since our dance seminar will take place the same weekend.
See you on Sunday! 🙂
Parish Hall Quo Vadis
82 Aimé Smekens, 1030 Schaerbeek (near Diamant)
Entrance is via the backstreet next to the Divin Sauveur church, opposite to the Chapel.
Transportation: Metro Diamant, Bus 80, 12, 21, 28, 29, 79.
To bring: your good mood and smile 🙂 – and something to drink.
First class is free.
Make your choice between these options (all three are valid from September 2017 to June 2018:
- Season ticket: 150€ <– Season ticket holders also get reduction from the price of our weekend seminars, so this is the most advantageous formula
- Ticket of 20 classes: 120€
- Ticket of 10 classes: 90€
By cash on the spot or by bank transfer before your second class.
Erika Kalmar / Terpsichori
IBAN: BE50 3770 1518 8318
Communication: “Season ticket / Ticket of 20 / Ticket of 10 + your name”
Terpsichori Greek Dance Circle
Phone: 0473 66 44 61 (Erika) or 0477 25 45 36 (Ippokratis)
Email: click on the “Contact” tab on the top
More than just steps… In the footsteps of Greek traditional dancing (the fun way)
Immerse in the world of Greece’s dance traditions, as you have never seen it before!
Would you like to taste this vast patrimony (more than 1,200 dances!) which is so rich and living, varying from region to region? These dances captivate all those who have seen or danced them at least once.
Good news: Every Sunday the real, authentic and magic Greece will come to you to Brussels!
–› Click here to view the list of dances learned during the last season.‹–
We have a mixed group from 0-40 years dance experience so if you are anywhere in between, you will likely to fit in. 🙂
You’re not sure if our class is for you? Try it out – first class is free!
What we do differently from other dance groups:
- We do traditional dances
- We dance them the authentic way – as they are danced in the villages
- We show a huge repertoire of dances – not just the basic dances again and again
- We believe that dance is more than just steps
- Therefore our classes give some basic information on the dances learned so that you understand the whole context (where it is danced, what are the characteristics, who it is danced by)
- We don’t do performances – no stress of learning complicated chorographies or spending your weekends on stages – our classes are pure fun!
About our dance teacher:
Our dance classes are lead by Erika Saradidis-Kalmar:
- She has over 23 years of Greek dance experience
- She’s a researcher of traditional Greek dances and author
- She’s attended numerous dance seminars with renowned teachers to further develop her skills
- She is the creator of The European Greek Dance Portal – www.terpsichori.org
Will you give it a try? We’re looking forward to meeting you on our next dance class! First class is free.
Passion. Sunshine. Fun.